Thursday, August 16, 2012

Dr Mary Short-Ray, Toxic Black Mold Syndrome Expert

Today I had a phone consultation with a wonderful D.O. who specializes in treating patients exposed to black mold and a combination of other issues.  She herself suffered from toxic black mold syndrome and shares her story.  If you read it, you'll find many of her symptoms are similar to mine. 

Dr Mary Short-Ray


She is trained in how to interpret my blood test results (she is also trained in Dr. Shoemaker's testing analysis) and asked me to send them to her when they get in.  Today I went online to Quest Labs and downloaded their Gazelle iPhone app that allows me to get my test results right to my phone!  So much for needing the rude, unprofessional doc I saw a few weeks ago to do it!  Dr. Mary said to just email her the results!  Cool!!

After reviewing my emailed timeline of symptoms including my history of IV antibiotics with the boys years ago and subsequent antibiotic usage, illnesses, infections, etc... She believes I also have Candida or Fungal Overgrowth in the Intestines.  She suggested I get my PCP to test for Candida - IgA, IgG and IgM.  I wonder if my PCP's test would be more reliable than the candida test my naturopath wants me to do.  Both are blood tests but one is a finger prick test and one is a blood draw.  I'll have to look into that.

Dr. Short-Ray said my newly found food allergies can be a direct result of Candida and leaky gut syndrome.  Wow.

She was thrilled we had already removed the mold from the house rather quickly upon its discovery by an expert and had some suggestions for treatment some of which she sells on her web site:
  • Modifilan (a pure and natural nutritional supplement made from the brown seaweed, Laminaria Japonica. Extract of this seaweed contains the life essential properties of organic iodine, alginates, fucoidan and laminarin.  Detoxifies the body from toxins.)
  • Zeolite (removes heavy metals and toxins)
  • Limu Drink (a drink of brown seawood - sounds yummy) :)
  • Grape Fruit Seed Extract (antifungal)
  • Renew Life Fiber supplement
  • Flax Seed Oil
  • Drinking green veggie juices (more yumminess!!)
I have to look into the ingredients and make sure they are safe as I'm still breastfeeding.  I will follow up with my naturopath too and see what her thoughts are on all of these suggestions.

She also recommended more cleaning of curtains and bed linens with borax and replacing carpets if possible and having an air purifier.  

I look forward to having my results in a few days and more blood results in a few weeks.  Waiting truly is torture!

I really liked Dr. Short-Ray a lot and could tell she understood patients like me who suffer from conditions mainstream medical doctors really don't know what to do with but label and suggest drugs and surgery but are perplexed as to what the cause of "conditions" might be.  She found healing after her exposure and illness.  I hope I will, too.

Let's see if the blood tests confirm either mold exposure, candida or something else entirely.  Waiting...


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this post. I found it very informative and helpful. Mold is a serious problem that can cause damage to your home and your health. As soon as I found out there was mold in our basement my wife and I decided to call this great company who does mold removal in nj.

    ReplyDelete